Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Reasons from the Bible why Jesus isn't Almighty

Most people believe that Jesus and His Father are the same. While there are scriptures that may seem to support it, There's also scriptures that don't support this Idea. Now I don't want any trinity worshippers to think I hate Jesus or anything. I'm simply here to show from the bible the difference between Jesus and Jehovah.

Jesus Not Equal/ Has a God

John 20:17 "Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.'

Ephesians 1:17 " that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the accurate knowledge of him."

Ephesians 1:3 "Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for he has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in union with Christ"

Now if Jesus was God then this would contradict with

 Isaiah 44:6 "This is what Jehovah has said, the King of Israel and the Repurchaser of him, Jehovah of armies, 'I am the first and I am the last, and besides me there is no God."

Since the Bible does actually mention other "gods" it's fair to come to the conclusion that God is saying no other God is comparable to him. There is only one Almighty. And that is Jehovah God.

Isaiah 52:13 "Look! My servant will act with insight. He will be raised up high, He will be elevated and greatly exalted."

Judging by the context, we can tell that this "servant" Is talking about Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ himself also mentions many times that he a servant carrying out the will of someone other than himself.

John 5:30 "I cannot do a single thing of my own initiative. Just as I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous because I seek, not my own will, but the will of him who sent me."


Conclusion:
Jesus admits he is not the one true God
John 17:3
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent." 
1 Corinthians. 15:28
But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone"

No comments:

Post a Comment