Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Clearing Up Bible "Contradictions" Part 1

*Disclaimer*
The bible can easily contradict itself if not read and comprehended in its full context

#1

Matthew 27:5 "So he threw the silver pieces into the temple and departed. Then he went off and hanged himself"

Acts 1:18,19 "(This very man, therefore, purchased a field with the wages for unrighteousness, and falling headfirst, his body burst open and all his insides spilled out. 19  This became known to all the inhabitants of Jerusalem, so that the field was called in their language A·kel′da·ma, that is, “Field of Blood.”)"

Conclusion:

Matthew mentions his method of suicide while Acts mentions he fell headfirst. From where did he fall headfirst? It's safe to assume that he was unsuccesful in hanging himself, and that the rope or tree branch broke causing him to fall and die.

#2

Exodus 6:2,3  " Then God said to Moses: “I am Jehovah. 3  And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as God Almighty, but with regard to my name Jehovah, I did not make myself known to them."
Genesis 18:3 (Abraham talking) "Then he said: “Jehovah, if I have found favor in your eyes, please do not pass by your servant."


Conclusion:


It is true that Abraham did know Jehovah's name and also knew him as God Almighty. So to get a better understanding lets look at Exodus 3:14:

" So God said to Moses: “I Will Become What I Choose to Become.” And he added: “This is what you are to say to the Israelites, ‘I Will Become has sent me to you.’”
   Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob did not know the meaning of the name Jehovah which is "I will Become what I choose to become" (Other translations would say "I Am who I am")

No comments:

Post a Comment