Sunday, March 9, 2014

Q. Does Rev. 5:12,13 and Isaiah 42:8 prove the Trinity?

Rev. 5:12,13
" and they were saying with a loud voice: “The Lamb who was slaughtered is worthy to receive the power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing.”
13  And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and underneath the earth and on the sea, and all the things in them, saying: “To the One sitting on the throne and to the Lamb be the blessing and the honor and the glory and the might forever and ever."

Isaiah 42:8"I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, Nor my praise to graven images."

Here we see that not only is Jesus receiving glory, In Isaiah we see that Jehovah doesn't give his glory to anyone else.  Let's start the analysis as usual.
Isaiah42:1" Look! My servant, whom I supportMy chosen one, whom I have approved! I have put my spirit in him; He will bring justice to the nations"

  This is obviously a prophecy regarding Jesus. Jesus is a servant that is supported by Jehovah! He also says that he put his spirit into him. But if he doesn't share his glory with anyone then that could only mean that Jesus is Jehovah right? No.  Since Jehovah said he gives his glory no one else then a trinitarian would translate this as "I share my glory with no one other than the 3 persons of God". That isn't even what the text said but I can understand why they would say that. But if they can add their reasoning into scriptures, then so could non-trinitarians.
    
    Let's look at what Isaiah 42:1 says. Not only Did God admit to giving his Spirit to Jesus, He also approved him. He is the chosen one that he supports. Not only did he say all these things but verses 1-7 (except 5) the subject is all about Jesus!! I'll use verses
     6 and 7 as an example.
     “I, Jehovah, have called you in righteousness; I have taken hold of your hand. I will safeguard you and give you as a covenant for the people And as a light of the nations, 7   For you to open the blind eyes, To bring the prisoner out of the dungeon And those sitting in darkness out of the prison."
     
     So now lets plug in the whole context into verse 8
    "I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, Nor my praise to graven images.
     Was Jehovah saying he gives no glory to anyone at all when he said "no one else?"? or was he saying that he gives his glory to no other than his chosen one who was described in the very preceding verses? I'll stick with the obvious.

     According to John 1:14, the glory Jesus had belongs to an only-begotten son.
     
     So the Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father; and he was full of divine favor and truth.
     
      Jehovah is not an only-begotten son, and he has no Father that gives him glory either.

    Even Luke 2:9  says an Angel of The LORD came in Jehovah's Glory.
    "An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified."
   
    Even Christians can reflect God's "unshareable" Glory
    2 Corinthians 3:18"So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord--who is the Spirit--makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image."
      
    Although it seems as if i'm somewhat all over the place, let's go back to the passage in Revelation.
     Revelations 5:9"And they sing a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, for you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought people for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,"
     Verse 12"and they were saying with a loud voice: “The Lamb who was slaughtered is worthy to receive the power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing"
    
     So basically if Jesus never died for our sins, then he wouldn't have been worthy to receive everything that he received. If I was the one who died to save mankind, then I would also be worthy to recieve all the nice things Jesus. But I didn't so I don't have the nice things.

     Revelations 5:13,14"“To the One sitting on the throne and to the Lamb be the blessing and the honor and the glory and the might forever and ever.” 14  The four living creatures were saying: “Amen!” and the elders fell down and worshipped."

     Now after reviewing the given information, is it really surprising at all for Jesus to recieve the glory and might forever? Well for one everyday we are alive in God's Kingdom, we will remember that it was through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. He'll be glorified in connection everyday we stay alive. Also it does say that he would recieve the might forever, but we also know that he only reigns as king for 1000 years! 
      
    Revelations 20:4..................And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ for 1,000 years.   

1    1Corinth. 15:25" For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet."
      So what kind of might is this? Well he's still the firstborn of all creation. Only difference is now he's been glorified by means of dying for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment