Saturday, March 8, 2014

Q. If Jesus is not the First Creation, then who is.

In the bible, God makes it clear that firstborns are valuable to him.

Exodus 4:22
You must say to Phar′aoh, ‘This is what Jehovah says: “Israel is my son, my firstborn.
Exodus 13:2
Sanctify to me every firstborn male among the Israelites. The first male to be born, of both human and animal, belongs to me.”a
Numbers 3:13
For every firstborn is mine.q In the day that I struck every firstborn in the land of Egypt, I sanctified to myself every firstborn in Israel from man to beast.s They are to become mine. I am Jehovah.”
Deuteronomy 15:19
You should sanctify every firstborn male of your herd and your flock to Jehovah your God.r You must not do any work with the firstborn of your herda nor shear the firstborn of your flock
Exodus 34:19

Every firstborn male is mine,j including all your livestock, whether the first male bull or sheep.

Did I just prove that Jesus isn't a literal firstborn since Israel clearly wasn't? Well we do know that firstborn doesn't always mean birth but rather, it implies favor over. But the bible already tells us what kind of Firstborn Israel is.

Deuteronomy 7:6
For you are a holy people to Jehovah your God, and Jehovah your God has chosen you to become his people, his special property,a out of all the peoples who are on the face of the eart

Exodus 19:5,6
Now if you will strictly obey my voice and keep my covenant, you will certainly become my special propertya out of all peoples,f for the whole earth belongs to me.g 6 You will become to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’h These are the words that you are

Romans 9:4
who are Israelites. To them belong the adoption as sonsa and the glory and the covenantsb and the giving of the Lawc and the sacred serviced and the promises.e

Hosea 11:1
When Israel was a boy, I loved him,a
And out of Egypt I called my son.b

Deuteronomy 7:8
Rather, it was because of Jehovah’s love for you and because he kept the oath that he had sworn to your forefathers

So let's get back to the Topic of Jesus and his firstborness. We know that he is the firstborn/beginning of creation


Revelation 3:14
14 “To the angel of the congregation in La·o·di·ce′az write: These are the things that the Amena says, the faithful and trueb witness,c the beginning of the creation by God:d

So now we have to tell how exactly in what sense Jesus is firstborn.
Well for one We know that Jesus has a God above him

Ephesians 1:3 Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for he has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in union with Christ,+


Ephesians 1:7 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the accurate knowledge of him.


1Corinth. 15:28

But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him,+ that God may be all things to everyone.+

So now we see that not only is Jesus Firstborn of creation, he also has a higher authority above him.



Knowing how much God values firstborns, why he did choose not to tell us who his beloved first creation is?



No comments:

Post a Comment